Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More Thoughts on Lists of Things

New York Times article on the ubiquitous 25 Things meme.

My opinion? Keep a few things to yourself, people. And think about whether or not the things you say are true or if you just want them to be true.

I want cold, hard facts about your life that would almost never come up in conversation.

"I figure skated competitively for eight years," would be a good one.

"I won six high school journalism awards in four years," could be another.

My 25 things meme will be full of entertaining but potentially believable lies.

Examples:

1. I was adopted after my birth parents were mauled to death by wolves on a camping trip.

On second thought, that may be too over the top. How about...

1. I'm adopted; my biological parents died on a camping trip when I was a baby.
...
8. I played the French Horn in high school, and my orchestra performed for the President.
...
17. Lenny Kravitz is an old family friend; he and I have a running joke about being BFFs for life.
...
25. I have a twin who lives in Islamabad. We had a big falling out two years ago, and I really miss her. I hope she sees this.

No comments:

Post a Comment